INSPIRATIONAL

ALEXANDER THE GREAT'S LAST WORDS

12:30

“Ice melts when heated”
“Eyes melt when hated”


Alexander, after conquering many kingdoms, was in his death bed. With death staring him in his face, Alexander realized how his conquests, his great army, his sharp sword and all his wealth were of no consequence. He now longed to reach home to see his mother's face and bid her his last adieu. But, he had to accept the fact that his sinking health would not permit him to reach his distant homeland.

So, the mighty conqueror lay prostrate and pale, helplessly waiting to breathe his last.

He called his generals and said, “I will depart from this world soon, I have three wishes, please carry them out without fail.”

With tears flowing down their cheeks, the generals agreed to abide by their king's last wishes.

“My first desire is that”, said Alexander, “My physicians alone must carry my coffin.

After a pause, he continued, “Secondly, I desire that when my coffin is being carried to the grave, the path leading to the graveyard be strewn with gold, silver and precious stones that I have collected in my treasury.”

A few minute's rest and he continued.

“My third and last wish is that both my hands be kept dangling out of my coffin.”

The people who had gathered there wondered at the king's strange wishes. But, no one dared bring the question to their lips. Alexander’s favorite general kissed his hand and pressed them to his heart.


“O king, we assure you that your wishes will all be fulfilled. But, tell us why do you make such strange wishes?”


At this, Alexander took a deep breath and said: “I would like the world to know of the three lessons I have just learnt...


(01) People should realize that no doctor can really cure my body. They are powerless and cannot save a person from the clutches of death. So, let not people take life for granted. The riches on the way to the graveyard is to tell people that not even a fraction of gold will come with me.

(02) I spent all my life earning riches but cannot take anything with me. Let people realize that it is a sheer waste of time to chase wealth.

(03) And, about my third wish of having my hands dangling out of the coffin, I wish people to know that I came empty handed into this world and empty handed I go out of this world.”

With these words, the king closed his eyes. Soon, he let death conquer him and breathed his last…

Lessons to learn from last 3 wishes of King Alexander:

Remember, your good health is in your own hands, look after it.
Wealth is only meaningful if you can enjoy while you are still alive and kicking.
What you do for yourself dies with you but what you do for others, lives on. It is called “Legacy.”

Happiness keeps you Sweet, Trials keep you Strong,
Sorrows keep you Human, Failures keep you humble,
Success keeps You Glowing, But, Only God keeps You Going

0 Comments